Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution involves stockpiling and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server run by a web hosting provider. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's explore these. Thus, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you desire to establish a web site, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by given companies, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages frequently involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a given stretch of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally fallacious interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the load between individual packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different web site hosting services (email, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific corporations provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting brand is good if you want to share a great quantity of pics with buddies or colleagues since the service is commonly free. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to managing your mail aliases. Some vendors offer web page hosting services for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you want to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to have as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to have a site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mail aliases, upload videos, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular content exclusively.